quinta-feira, 7 de abril de 2011

“Write a letter describing your town”

Dear aunt Arminda,
I miss you so much, I haven´t seen you since my first communion. I hope I can visit you some day, when I'm older and when I have money to travel to America.
Since you can't be here, I am going to tell you a little bit about my city. Well Aveiro is awesome to live, it is very quiet, but it is also very appreciated by tourists. Aveiro is very famous because of “Ria de Aveiro”, there we can go for a ride on a “moliceiro”. Near “Ria de Aveiro” there is a garden where we can go for a walk. In my city there are also many museums, like Santa Joana Museum, the Cathedral of Aveiro, the Pillory of Esgueira, the Chapel of Saint Gonçalinho, and many others. What's more, there are many schools, and I want to go to one of them when I'm in the 10th grade. To go shoppings, we can go to “Forum” or “Glicínias” or “Aveiro Shopping”. However I prefer Forum more because there is a bigger variety of shops there. In your city you should have great sweet delicacies, although I guess they aren't as good as our “Ovos Moles”. In my town there is also a stadium. Our team is “Beira-Mar”.
My favourite place in Aveiro  is  the beach, either in winter or summer. 
I love living here, because this city is amazing!

Lots of love.
Rita.

Rita Silva, 8ºB

Sem comentários: